Detailing 16 year old BF

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Brent

Detailing 16 year old BF

Post by Brent »

The RV has always been under cover but neglected the past few years. I think it cleaned up well. I've attached a pic, I hope it comes through.

Brent
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.38 KiB) Viewed 12852 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (92.73 KiB) Viewed 12856 times
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
bcope01

Re: WIZARDS PRODUCTS

Post by bcope01 »

Sam Ryan wrote: WIZARDS MIST and SHINE is absolutely the BEST there is for plastic, glass, chrome, and ALL painted automotive finishes!
I seriously doubt that is a fact. :roll: You should preface your opinion as just that, so others can consider the source.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Brent

Re: Detailing 16 year old BF

Post by Brent »

Sam,
I didn't look at the ingredients of the cleaning product. They may contain petroleum products.

In any case I was impressed how they removed oxidation and restored shine (removed yellowing) without using a buffer. It really looks pretty good (of course I'm biased :))

Brent
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

This is just my opinion, but please, all of you, do not start sniping at each other again. IMHO, it is now tiresome and adds nothing to the discussions.

Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

If truth be told there is only one poster that creates the sniping. I believe I can speak for several who post here in saying we would like nothing better than to have a friendly and respectful attitude toward every participant. Flippant and uninformed posts along with a know-it-all attitude by this individual contribute very little, if anything, to our discussions.

Because he has no e-mail or PM link the sad fact is that our attempts to communicate with him can only be through online posts. I would gladly take my communication out of the public arena if it were possible.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
rhyde

Post by rhyde »

harrisgowing wrote:This is just my opinion, but please, all of you, do not start sniping at each other again. IMHO, it is now tiresome and adds nothing to the discussions.

Judy Harris
Judy,
Thank-you - I suspect your opinion is shared by most of us less vocal members!
Without the childish sniping the forum would be so much more enjoyable. And contrary to the claims, most of the time it's not the "one" snipe-ee at fault. The snipe-ers seem to attack any post he makes, sucking the enjoyment out of what "could be" a great forum. They need to practice the old adage of "if you don't have something good to say -say nothing at all".

And with that off my chest, I will try to go back to practicing it myself!
(And prepare for the probable onslaught of sniping responses.)
stevek

Post by stevek »

Sam or Bill. could you please provide a link or description, for the products Sam is talking about?
I don't remember ever seen it?
I am always looking for ideas. Thanks.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

It is pointless isn't it? As I've previously posted there is no getting through to this guy! Kind of Don Quixoteish. Y'all may have to wait for one of us to die or until Bill exercises his control and bans either or both of us.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

stevek wrote:Sam or Bill. could you please provide a link or description, for the products Sam is talking about?
I don't remember ever seen it?
I am always looking for ideas. Thanks.
Wizards detailing products (be prepared to open your wallet): http://wizardsproducts.com/

I could not find the MSDS on any of their products (or any claims to the effect) showing that they contain no petroleum distillates, so I will have to take Sam's word for it.

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
tevz32

Post by tevz32 »

Brent,
Did you use all 4 of the products shown on your post? I just did the spring cleanup and polish on my 1991 using Meguiars Clean & Wax which I have used before. I think it looks pretty good but it did not take care of the yellowing. Are the products you used available at automotive stores?
Thanks,
Tom
Brent

Post by Brent »

Hello Tom
Yes I used each mainly to test the results of each. The Oxidation Remover is a more aggressive cleaner and the Color Restore is less aggressive. The polish isn't a cleaner or abrasive. It just brings out a shine. The wax is not a cleaner just a protector.

We used the cleaners to remove oxidation. The oxidation was not over the whole vehicle but just in spots. Once the oxidation was removed we polished it then waxed.

The unit was discolored somewhat but since it was always covered it wasn't the yellow you may have if its been in the sun.

With the oxidation gone future detailing should be be just waxing and an occasional cleaner or polishing (I hope). I will try to get back into the routine of waxing 2-3 times a year.

I usually don't find these at auto supply - I get them at a boat or marine supply store. I don't remember the cost but they aren't cheap.

Good luck with it - it's a chore but feels good when it's done.

Brent
sw23185

Post by sw23185 »

[ deleted ]
Last edited by sw23185 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Wow-- that looks great! Meguiar's is a good product but you really did a good job.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Great job Stuart! I think your pet dog :wink: just ate your trout.

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
sw23185

Post by sw23185 »

[ deleted ]
Last edited by sw23185 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”