seat belts

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jobrien

seat belts

Post by jobrien »

In the 26' RSB, are there seat belts on the couch? if so are there 2 or 3?

Are there seat belts on the swivel chairs by the table?

We sometimes bring the grandkids, and 1 of them is still in a booster seat. The others have had it drilled into them to always wear a seat belt, so I want to make sure we can do that.

Thanks

John
whemme

REAR SEAT BELTS

Post by whemme »

In my 2002 BF 26' RSB, I have 3 seats of belts for the Flexsteel sofa and also belts for the two captain's chairs near the pullup table. Since no one ever travels sitting on the sofa in our coach, I have pulled those 3 belts out of sight thru the crack between the back and the seating area of the sofa down into the storage area under the sofa. Have considered removing these three belts and ancor bolts completely since they sort of get in the way in the storage compartment but have not actually done that yet.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I have a '99 RSB and seat belts are installed on the swivel chairs (by the pull up table) only. There are none installed on my sofa-bed. Don't know if this is standard rule or not...but that's what I have.....So I assume that means you can legally travel with 4 people. Two in the coach and with the driver & front passenger seats occupied.
Tom and Jennifer Pierpan

Post by Tom and Jennifer Pierpan »

When we ordered our 2004 RSB from the factory, we did request the addition of three seat belts for the sofa. We do not use them often, but they are a necessity if traveling with our son's family. These are usually day trips, so the coach is not too heavy with the extra people aboard. Our grandchild is in a baby carseat and sits face back in the chair closest to the door. His parents sit on the sofa.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”