Commercial campground guide

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Commercial campground guide

Post by Dallas Baillio »

When traveling I like to overnight in governmental campgrounds ( Corp of Engineers, National Parks, State Parks, etc.). Sometimes, when none are available or convient, I want to find a commercial campground. My experience is I either find "resorts" with way more than I want or need---pools. clubhouse, fancy pads, etc. or I find "trailer trash" campgrounds with permanent residents living in 1965 Winnebagos jacked up with wheels removed. Maybe I exaggerate a bit. My question is how do you find those reasonably priced in the middle campgrounds for an overnight stay? I have Allstays but it is a hit or miss source that takes a lot of time to sort through. Is there an app or a website that is better?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
randallrae

Re: Commercial campground guide

Post by randallrae »

http://www.campingroadtrip.com/campgrounds I use this site sometimes , but I just looked up a really crappie campground I stayed at and couldn't tell it was crappie by the info provided . However it does list all the government campgrounds in an area .
2012 25' rb
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

FreeCampsites.net is a useful site for free and cheap sites:

Click > FreeCampsites.net

When I'm on the move I usually pull into a Walmart for the night. Most Walmarts encourage overnight RV parking. Some don't allow it because of city ordinances. If there's other RVs parked I assume it's okay. If not I will ask in the store if it's okay.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

We have found rvparkreviews.com pretty reliable, especially in identifying the trailer trash sort of campgrounds.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

I like the RVParky app because I can filter it by the type of campground and also the campground amenities that I need. Once that's set then you can easily browse on the map and as you move the map it refreshes the results. What I like about the app is that it usually has a link to the website for the campground and I can sometimes get a good idea of the quality level by the website and by reading rvparkreviews.com. I will say that the reviews within RVParky are increasing rapidly.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”