WISH LIST FOR MY NEXT BORN FREE COACH

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

apackof2

Post by apackof2 »

Uh, no. Is that unusual?

I know that on a BigFoot 24 ft ducted heat is standard
Ducted air is otional

On a LazyDaze 23.5 ducted furnance is standard, ducted air optional

Perhaps because your rig is the smallest model, 22ft ?
Born Free felt it didn't require ducted furnance & air

bcope01 wrote:Uh, no. Is that unusual? In my 2004 BFT, the roof air can be directed to the front and rear at the roof line. The furnace has 3 clustered ducts near the floor that can be directed somewhat by their individual deflectors.

Bill
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

It is important to remember that ducting takes up a lot of room, normally in the most sacred of storage areas, particularly in cabinets and under beds and seating. Storage in smaller Class Cs (<26FT) is already tight. Personally, I'd opt for clear storage areas. YMMV.

PS. I suspect the standard heater ducting on the two other brands you mention is no more intricate than what you'd find in the Born Free.

PPS. Nearly everyone reading this forum chose the Born Free AFTER looking at those other brands. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
apackof2

Post by apackof2 »

Nearly everyone reading this forum chose the Born Free AFTER looking at those other brands

Oh I know LOL :wink:

Born Free makes an excellent rig! :D

Everyone has a different reason for picking out the rig they finally decide to purchase.

I go back and forth between a Born Free & a Lazy Daze

I am going to the Escapees Escapades in a couple of weeks in Van Wert ,OH

I know there will be a couple of LDs there and I hope some Born Frees
as I have NEVER seen either one in person!!

bcope01 wrote:It is important to remember that ducting takes up a lot of room, normally in the most sacred of storage areas, particularly in cabinets and under beds and seating. Storage in smaller Class Cs (<26FT) is already tight. Personally, I'd opt for clear storage areas. YMMV.

PS. I suspect the standard heater ducting on the two other brands you mention is no more intricate than what you'd find in the Born Free.

PPS. Nearly everyone reading this forum chose the Born Free AFTER looking at those other brands. :D

Bill
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I wish (keep in mind wish because i doubt I'll get them) is for the overhead cabover to be higher. I'd like to sit up in that bunk, even if I have a 3' thick mattress on it. Then add a shelf or two and make the whole coach taller a little.

I'd like a higher quality of sofa bed. Mine is now floppy and squeaky. The back just flops around. (Do I need to have someone tighten it?) I like the rounded ended ones.

I DO want to see a single slideout in the living area. It's a wish list.

Better insulation underneath, which protects the undercarriage and also keeps the coach floor a lot warmer than it is.

Better air leak detection and stoppage. If I sit on my couch on a cold day, I feel a perceptible breeze and it's cold. My feet stay cold.

A Born Free Owners maintenance club where people could help each other learn how to do things, so we can do more of our own maintenance.

I am waiting to see how the 32' model does and what flexibility there is with floorplans there.

Still, I think that the dining/living area requires a little more space. I doubt one can get it without a slide. But I know the 32' is wider and taller. But it's such a big TRUCK looking thing.

I like the idea of a remote keyless entry in the coach.

2 6volt golf cart batteries instead of the 2 12s.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.

I really wish the cabover was taller. I like not taking up the other space for just sleeping. But................... Maybe I need a bigger rig? I don't know.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”