Dewinterizing tankless water heater

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Lmaniac7

Dewinterizing tankless water heater

Post by Lmaniac7 »

Hello all!
I will be dewinterizing my motorhome for the first time. My Royal Imperial has a tankless water heater and I am wondering if this has any impact on the process. It will be my first time dewinterizing anything, truth be told, but most of the videos I have watched explain the process assuming there is a tank.
Thanks in advance and may you have a wonderful season!

Lia
BF Royal Imperial (2017)
whemme

Re: Dewinterizing tankless water heater

Post by whemme »

Your owner's manual should have a section in it titled Summer De-Winterizing. Recommend you read that section. Since your Born Free is equipped with a tankless water heater, there is no need for any special procedures to get the pink antifreeze out of it.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Hi, Lia. We have a tankless hot water heater and the only instruction in the BF manual regarding winterizing the water heater is to turn it off. There is an on/off switch behind the panel for the hot water heater on the back of the coach. We have had no issues winterizing the water system following the instructions in the BF manual. Also, for our generation 2 model, the manufacturer has a very good tutorial online video that is helpful, especially with respect to getting the hot water operational after dewinterizing. You need to purge the lines to remove all air before turning the water heater back on.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Lmaniac7

Post by Lmaniac7 »

Thank you Bill and Chuck for your replies. The tankless system actually makes the process so easy! Planning to dewinterize this weekend. If I hit any bumps along the way, I will be back for more guidance!

Chuck...thanks for the video recommendation. That should help a bunch!!

8) :D
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Hi, Lia, just to be clear, I referred to a video produced by the manufacturer of the tankless hot water heater, not a Born Free video.

Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”