2011 Sirius module

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jeffcarp

2011 Sirius module

Post by jeffcarp »

I'm looking to replace the in-dash Jensen radio with a Pioneer unit that supports Android auto. It appears that the existing Jensen radio uses the Sirius SCC1 module. The Sirius module that is sold as an accessory to new radios today is not the SCC1.

Has anyone replaced their older Jensen in-dash with a newer radio and do you have any experience with whether the existing Sirius module worked with the new radio?

The new or module is not that expensive but does anyone know where Born Free mounted the existing scc1 module? There's a thick cable bundled behind the radio but no module. The cable appears to go to the right side of the dash board behind the airbag. I was really hoping to be able to do this replacement myself through the existing opening of the Jensen radio. I'm not too excited about taking the dash apart. I've pulled the radio just to access the conditions and it doesn't appear to be a difficult job unless this Sirius module won't work.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”