First Trip out in the Royal Splendor

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

John S.

First Trip out in the Royal Splendor

Post by John S. »

Well at 10 am friday morning camping world called and said the AC was in and that they would have it in by 2 pm. I got there a few mins before two and the coach was in the bay and they were running it to make sure it worked and things were cold. I took it and headed to Lancaster as we had tickets for Sight and Sound production of Jonah and we were going to stay in a 200 dollar a night hotel. So, we picked it up and unpacked our suit cases into it and went to wal mart and bought some stuff and headed to the camp ground. It is so neat to stay in and it is the first time I have ever had Jacks. My old coaches had air leveling and my prior Born Free coaches did not have them. I will say this lives better then I expected. The shower is tight but the rest of the coach is wonderful. I have to figure out the XM. It says XM ready but I think I have to get a tuner for it. I also have to put in a DTV receiver to see how that works. Here is a picture of the rig in the shade with the Jeep next to it.

ImageLancaster-2017_DSC7095.jpg by Tinstafl, on Flickr
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Laker

Re: First Trip out in the Royal Splendor

Post by Laker »

Beautiful coach. Enjoy.
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
whemme

Post by whemme »

John,

Beautiful coach. Oh, by the way, past president Mel cringes when someone calls their Born Free a rig. The correct upscale term to use is motorcoach!
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
John S.

Post by John S. »

Thanks for the kind words. I think we will enjoy this very much. I am still getting to know the systems but they are similar to my Foretravel but the switches are in different places then I would think. It took me a few hours to find the switch for the water pump. I used to call the Foretravel a coach so will will try to remember to call this one a coach too.... It is my only motorhome so it deserves it. I am going to have to head out on a long trip soon and see how she does.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

That is a nice looking rig (I prefer to think of myself as more of a cowboy than a city slicker). I really like my 2013 24 footer after getting all the previous owner bugs out of it. Hard to believe the business went under, I believe people shop more on price anymore than quality might be one of the factors. I've had junk, I prefer quality. The Splendor was my first choice if I was to buy newer. Surprised you mentioned the shower is cramped, mine is pretty big. Think I could two people that one:)
2013 23' FL on Ford E350 with all the goodies.
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. The pinnacle of the coach maker's art.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
John S.

Post by John S. »

MarkB wrote:That is a nice looking rig (I prefer to think of myself as more of a cowboy than a city slicker). I really like my 2013 24 footer after getting all the previous owner bugs out of it. Hard to believe the business went under, I believe people shop more on price anymore than quality might be one of the factors. I've had junk, I prefer quality. The Splendor was my first choice if I was to buy newer. Surprised you mentioned the shower is cramped, mine is pretty big. Think I could two people that one:)
In my 24 foot rear bath it was bigger. I guess to fit the bed in the rear it is about six inches in width and length too.
John S.

Post by John S. »

Roger H wrote:Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. The pinnacle of the coach maker's art.
Yes it is.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”