ABQ Balloon Fiesta rally

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

garyrichins

ABQ Balloon Fiesta rally

Post by garyrichins »

Members attending the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta rally, especially those driving a long distance, might need/want routine chassis service. I recommend that anyone wanting service consider using Statkus Engines, an authorized Ford RV chassis warranty/service facility. With an appointment your RV can be serviced while you wait.

Other Albuquerque area Born Free owners use Statkus Engines for their RV warranty/service and share my opinion that this facility does excellent work. Statkus Engines recently offered to sponsor the wine and beverages for our rally's Wine and Cheese Social. This business appreciates their Born Free customers and viewed this sponsorship as an opportunity to show that appreciation.

Statkus Engines Performance & RV Center is located at 1623 Los Tomases Dr. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102. Their telephone number is (505) 765-1614

Post by KTnLen »

What a fantastic job by Loretta and Gary Richins and all their helpers at the ABQ Balloon Fiesta last week. We had marvelous weather, great camaraderie, and a wonderful time mingling with the balloon owners, their crews, and thousands of enthusiasts at the various events.

The wine and cheese social turned into a full buffet, and the Mexican dinner was a delicious taste of the southwest. Our trip to the top of Sandia Peak offered a great opportunity to see the Land of Enchantment from an eagle's view.

There were minor glitches, but as in any well developed plan, we were able to adapt to changes on the fly. We had a fantastic view of the early morning lifts which flew right over our RV lines for an up-close and personal look at the many shapes and sizes of balloons.

Cathleen and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting other Born Free owners, some for the second time since the Homecoming in June, and we want to thank the Richins again for their hospitality and tremendous organization.
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

We so glad that the Balloon Fiesta rally was enjoyed by all. I know that Gary and Loretta worked really hard to make it a success.

Ken and I really enjoyed meeting and talking with some of the group when we dropped by the rally site and tent on Friday evening. It was fun to finally put faces to the names on the forum.

Just one correction, Len. That feast from El Pinto's was New Mexican, not Mexican. There's a big difference, which we learned only after we moved out here. New Mexican food is much better!!

Thanks again for allowing us to stop in for a visit. Born Free owners are great folks!!
Barbara & Ken
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Carol and I would also like to express our thanks for a great rally -- everything was great -- you couldn't have done better --- THANKS -- Bob
Art.n5art

Post by Art.n5art »

This is reported to be the most photographed event in the country. In fact it used to be sponsored by Kodak and they sold a lot of film in 10 days. Digital cameras changed all that.

I've posted the pictures I took during the Rally. Rather than take up space on the forum I uploaded them to <http://ArtPriebe.smugmug.com>. This is the first time I've used this service, hope you don't have any trouble viewing or downloading any you like.

Sorry they didn't get loaded in any kind of order though. Enjoy.

Art & Pat
Albuquerque, NM
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Excellent pictures Art. Made me feel like I was there. How did those Leap'n Lions keep the tops of their Born Frees so clean? :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Great pictures and such wonderful balloons. We would love to go there sometime. Looks like a bunch of "Happy Campers"; BornFree campers that is. We are looking forward to future rallys when we are able to get away and meet some of you fine folks. We have already been made to feel very welcome in the short time we have been members.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”