HELP CLASS B SHORE POWER ISSUE 220/110

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

landlordy

Re: HELP CLASS B SHORE POWER ISSUE 220/110

Post by landlordy »

Bill is there a way for me to test the relay while it is on the board or do I have to remove them from the board? If so do they just pull off the board? Also there is a dead freedom 10 on ebay I can grab for $60 to pull parts from and also a working freedom 20 which is an identical unit with the only difference being it puts out 2000watts instead of 1000. The wire size and how it is wired is all identical. Could I use my current breakers, appliances etc with a unit that puts out double watts? Finally as you stated for my setup I dont even really need a transfer relay etc, do you think I would be better off moving to a more basic (and cost effective) converter/charger setup? I have no plans to add a generator to my rig in the future. thanks again
whemme

Post by whemme »

landlords,

Since I am not familiar with Freedom 10, I don't know if the relays are just plugged into the pc board or soldered in. Also testing each relay would probably require their removal from the board. One option you might consider is removing the Freedom 10 and it's Contro Panel and sending them back to the factory for checkout and repair.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
landlordy

Post by landlordy »

Hey guys I have pretty much reached a dead end at the diagnosing and fixing it myself. I am also getting no help from either mobile repair guy in town. Contractors in this town are some of the most unreliable I have ever seen anywhere. I'm looking to win the auction on ebay on the freedom 20 and just do a swap, as I think this will be the easiest and most cost effective fix and I can do it myself. It is set up exactly the same and performs all the same functions and even uses the same control panel. My question for you guys is is it ok to upgrade the watts from 1000 to 2000 because that is literally the only difference in the 2 units. Even the wire size is the same. thanks
John S.

Post by John S. »

Should be fine to upgrade as I had a 2000 watt in my 2007 rear bath 24 foot.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”