Chassis Change on 32' President?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

SteveR

Chassis Change on 32' President?

Post by SteveR »

Does anyone know of changes to the chassis or the design for the 2007 model year for the 32 foot model? We are very close to buying but would like to see what changes will be in the updated design.

Steve
KTnLen

Re: Chassis Change on 32' President?

Post by KTnLen »

SteveR wrote:Does anyone know of changes to the chassis or the design for the 2007 model year for the 32 foot model? We are very close to buying but would like to see what changes will be in the updated design.

Steve
We just picked up our new 32-ft coach with the twin bed configuration last Friday, and although it is titled as a 2006 unit, the one change I know about, because it was included on our unit, is a 7kW Onan CMM7000 gas generator (vs the 6.5kW previously listed at the website). We also chose the Xantrec 2000-watt inverter.

We elected for everything on the Casual Elegance package, including ultra-leather in front, porcelain toilet, central vacuum, but except cherry cabinetry, which was getting too dark for our liking on the prototype unit we had, and is a very costly upgrade. We instead opted for oak and really like the feeling of spaciousness with a lighter wood. Undermounted solid surface sinks was a nice option versus stainless sinks.

We ordered an upgraded Class IV hitch as we intend to pull more than a 5,000 lb load which is the upper limit on a Class III hitch.

A 54-in awning was an option chosen for the front window roadside.

The full-body paint looks a lot like the picture on the website, and really came out nice.

Further, we requested snap on opaque curtains for the bedroom, and a modification to the roadside closet to have a removable center shelf in case we want to carry full-length garments (raincoat, dress, etc). We had the sofa sleeper installed on the roadside so the kitchen cabinet serves as a headboard, and the Captain's chairs on the curbside where it is easier to communicate with the pilot.

One other change to the standard floorplan was one we saw at the Homecoming -- the bedroom with the twin bed configuration seems to offer about double the storage over the walkaround queen configuration we had in the prototype unit, and we opted for a pullup table like the one in the lounge, rather than a nightstand. In this setup, we can have an area for the grandkids in the back and they can play use the table for games and puzzles, plus watch DVDs on the 17-in plasma TV which runs on the 12V system.

I'd suggest contacting Ed Newman or Jerry Ehrhardt or Phil Overby at Born Free for a complete list. I am glad to answer any questions you might have about this fine machine.

Len (& Cathleen) Campaigne
Attachments
Taking delivery at factory Sep 2006
Taking delivery at factory Sep 2006
2006 Born Free 32RT Curbside Exterior Colors.JPG.jpg (86.03 KiB) Viewed 7054 times
Front Lounge configuration
Front Lounge configuration
2006 Born Free 32RT Front Lounge Furniture.JPG.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 7054 times
Curbside View Full-body Paint
Curbside View Full-body Paint
2006 Born Free 32RT Curbside View.JPG.jpg (80.96 KiB) Viewed 7056 times
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

A few more photos taken in the new 2006 32RT President on delivery day. Will have more photos for anyone interested.
Attachments
Bedroom pullup table in lieu of nightstand
Bedroom pullup table in lieu of nightstand
2006_born_free_32rt_pullup_table_190.jpg (124.81 KiB) Viewed 7057 times
Looking from lounge toward bedroom with pantry and coat closet, refrigerator and shower
Looking from lounge toward bedroom with pantry and coat closet, refrigerator and shower
2006_born_free_32rt_front_to_rear_view_159.jpg (270.69 KiB) Viewed 7057 times
Bedroom overhead cabinets provide lots of storage space - there are drawers under beds and two full closets
Bedroom overhead cabinets provide lots of storage space - there are drawers under beds and two full closets
2006 Born Free 32RT Bedroom Cabinets.JPG (19.86 KiB) Viewed 7167 times
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Len,

WOW!

Thanks so much for posting your photos and the other information. I sent you an email with a few other questions. That sure looks like something we would really enjoy and I love the oak wood. We would go with the full Queen bed but otherwise I like your set up.

We are waiting for a saleperson who is bringing a 32 footer to California in October to actually see and feel one of these. We are too far from any of the dealers and none of them have a 32' President so we hope to see one before we decide on this model.

Any comments on this unit vs a Bigfoot other than the safety issue with slides?

Thanks again.

Steve
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

SteveR wrote:Len,

WOW!

Thanks so much for posting your photos and the other information. I sent you an email with a few other questions. That sure looks like something we would really enjoy and I love the oak wood. We would go with the full Queen bed but otherwise I like your set up.

We are waiting for a saleperson who is bringing a 32 footer to California in October to actually see and feel one of these. We are too far from any of the dealers and none of them have a 32' President so we hope to see one before we decide on this model.

Any comments on this unit vs a Bigfoot other than the safety issue with slides?

Thanks again.

Steve
I replied to your email with more photos and a suggestion to come to Colorado Springs where you can compare the 32-ft Born Free with Big Foot which are sold at a local dealer. I think you will see the difference, hear about the options available, and make an informed decision.

Buying your first RV should be a positive experience. Born Free wants you to compare it to other brands, and is up front about price, slideouts, and customer service. We have not been disappointed.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”