Transmission Problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

RVN4US

Transmission Problem

Post by RVN4US »

I relize that this a Ford Problem, however I thought I would ask "Has any one ever had their transmission drop from 4th (OD) to 2nd gear and stay there. I took to the dealer and they changed out the "Transmission Range Sensor. All is good for 311 miles, at which time the same problem. Again to the dealer and they replaced the "Shift Solenoid"
and all is fine for 13 miles at which time we are back in 2nd gear and on the way back to the dealership. Can anyone shed any light on this or has anyone had this type of problem? Thanks and all have a good week-end.

rvn4us in Iowa
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

This is just a wild guess.....

I had a problem with the trans on my Allegro. It was on a Workhorse chassis, with an Allison trans, so it may be different.

The problem was a spring in the valve body assembly. It was weak, and the trans locked up in 4th gear. The fix was to remove the assembly, drill a larger port hole and put a heavier spring in.

May be something similiar with yours, but I don't know. On mine the tech was able to plug in a OBD scanner and tell right away what the problem was.

Hope this helps.

John
RVN4US

Transmission Problem

Post by RVN4US »

John, On the invoice from the dealer they said they replaced a Range sensor the 1st time and the 2nd time they replaced a solenoid in the Valve body assembly. So you must be close to the problem, I will mention this when I go to the dealership on Monday. Thanks for you help.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”