BF 2016 Coach Entry Door Lock troubleshooting

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

BOBCAT177

BF 2016 Coach Entry Door Lock troubleshooting

Post by BOBCAT177 »

Using our key fob to unlock / lock the coach door stopped working this spring. There is an audible click but the lock and deadbolt shafts don't move. The fob battery is good. We had several BF factory adjustments to the entry door strike plate to try resolve a difficult to latch door. It's possible the strike plate needs adjustment

BF shared they had lock actuator failures on door locks assemblies ( TriMark lock 060-1650 ). The lock was part of a door assembly made by Challenger Doors whose warranty manager won't return my calls.

I was working with Kim at BF and George Sutton RV ( Eugene, OR ) for warranty on the lock assembly until plant closure. The dealer doesn't seem to have a lock expert on staff, so I'm calling TriMark directly for troubleshooting help.

Has anyone experienced this problem and/or resolved it satisfactorily ? Do any BF owners know an experienced electric lock mechanic in Portland. OR area ? Appreciate any insight from the BF forum.
jlef123

Re: BF 2016 Coach Entry Door Lock troubleshooting

Post by jlef123 »

I am surprised that you are not getting a return call from Challenger Door. I had a problem on my door with the keypad and they were very responsive. They sent me a replacement keypad with instructions on how to replace but I had a problem with that so when I was passing through Indiana on my way to Humboldt I stopped at their plant and they replaced it for me. I dealt with Michael Green and his phone number is 574-773-8166. That was a few years ago so he may not be there now.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
MarkB

Re: BF 2016 Coach Entry Door Lock troubleshooting

Post by MarkB »

I don't have the combo style lock but did replace hinges on the door assy. My striker has a spacer to move it away from the jam and there can be quite a bit of adjustment vertical/horizontal. After adjustment my door operates better it seems. I used a laser level and shot a horizontal beam across the striker to the center of the latch catch when it was closed to line the parts up, seemed to help, then there is the in/out adjustment to contend with. Don't believe mine has the deadbolt or I didn't play with it anyway. My final adjustment lets the door operate pretty smooth and easy, I think you want the adjustment correct to keep wear off the hinges also.
2013 23' FL on Ford E350 with all the goodies.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”