Data Base for sold Born Free units

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jim Hofmann

Data Base for sold Born Free units

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Data Base for sold Born Free units.
I have been unable to locate this data base. If someone directs me to it. Will I need additional information to access it? I need to sell my 2005 model year (purchased in 2004) Diesel 26'RB and would appreciate your usual kind and detail instructions for us computer challenged dolts.
Jim
hornbake

Re: Data Base for sold Born Free units

Post by hornbake »

Jim, you can find that database by scrolling down the forum topics to the section titled Born Free Coaches and Accessories for Sale/Wanted. The database is in that section.
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Larry & Helen, you are forcing me to acknowledge that I must be getting senile.I have lost track of the number of times that I have gone to those forums and tediously scrolled through everything there and have yet to find any listings of prices for sold units. But I very much appreciate your efforts to help ( my wife hints that I am beyond help) :).

Thanks again,
Jim
whemme

Post by whemme »

Jim,

Larry & Helen told where to find the price database section. If you still have not been able to scroll down and find it, here is a direct clickable link to that forum section: https://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin ... 197&t=5960
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
hornbake

Post by hornbake »

It’s a very recent topic that our administrator started. Have you now found it? Do you want to join me in asking permission to start a special section just for us old folks dealing with creeping senility?
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Thank you all for your patients. Either the Russians had masked the section in a hacking exercise or my new glasses are working better- yes I found it. Again thanks for your help. Now the problem is, how to use the info. Were the sold units gas or diesel? Did they have added goodies: solar panels, inverter, GPS, Rear camera, larger TV, remodeling, etc.?
My 2005 model 26'RB (purchased in 2004) is a diesel with the listed goodies.

That brings up another question: When one buys a new 2005 Model, early in its release in 2004, the pink slip shows it as a 2004. This refers to the chassis year, not the coach year. So what is the fair way to list this unit? 2004 or 2005?

You guys & Gals are great.
Jim
hornbake

Post by hornbake »

I think that one should sell a unit with the year that is on the title. Also, I believe that the database is meant just for general benchmark ideas. Extra stuff adds value, of course, but other things also factor is such as where in the country you are, what the season is when you are selling. I have always felt that one should decide on a REASONABLE price TOMASK in the beginning as early interest, be it a house or a Born Free, is the most interest one will see. But, despite the fact that I write like I know something, I really am no expert in these matters. Others, hopefully, will contribute to this discussion.
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”