Born Free Auction December 8

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

walkyourway

Re: Born Free Auction December 8

Post by walkyourway »

We have just bought a 2015 after we were aware of the closure. Why? Because of the reputation for quality and the roll bars. New (2017) models do seem to be selling at a discount but that is because of the loss of new warranty. We have never had an RV before so we did our due diligence and don't regret it.
hornbake

Post by hornbake »

In my humble opinion, you absolutely did the right thing. And, unlike most first-time RV buyers, you may never have to “upgrade” as you bought the best at the beginning. Congratulations!
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
stevek

Post by stevek »

Congrats and welcome to our Forum.
We too are first time RVers and bought our BF used in 2012 and had lots to learn.
This is a good Forum, so feel free to ask any questions.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
jjhepkin

Post by jjhepkin »

I just wanted to add my welcome to the others and also to confirm you made a good decision. Since most RV mfgrs. today only offer 1 year warranties anyway, you really aren't losing much and I'm sure your price savings will more than make up for it.

Enjoy your travels.

john hepkin
John & Janet Hepkin

2009 28' RSB Kodiak Chassis 8.1L
Previously owned 2004 Chinook Destiny

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”