Window glass replacement source?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

on a journey

Window glass replacement source?

Post by on a journey »

Tomorrow, I could become the new owner of a 24' 2004 Born Free. After tent camping and van camping, it is very exciting to be so near to owing a mini mansion!! I have just arrived in Texas to look at it and take it for a test drive tomorrow.

The curb side window appears to have lost the seal in the forward piece of glass, as it is foggy. Sure would appreciate those who have made it through this replacement process to share your experience.

Thank you all for being here, sure is nice to know other owners and know they are a community of helpers!!
hornbake

Re: Window glass replacement source?

Post by hornbake »

Welcome! Please consider joining the Leap’n Lions Club. I know that you will get replies to this. You will love your Born Free and the people who drive them. Why not buy it quick and meet us all in a week at the FMCA motorcoach rally in Perry, Georgia?
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
whemme

Post by whemme »

on a journey,

Your Born Free coach was most likely equipped with Hehr windows. Click on the following link for a source for these RV windows: http://www.parkin-acc.com/page19.html
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Dave Rotelle

Post by Dave Rotelle »

On a Journey,

I think the 2004rb you are looking at was ours.....we purchased it from Born Free used in about 2009.We were the second owner, the first owner was the only woman to play on both the LPGA tour and the WTA. Ed Newman told us she used the Born Free to travel to her LPGA tournaments.

Just thought it would be interesting for you to know the history on the Coach. We traded it to a dealer in Texas in 2011 for a 2008 Born Free 27 rear corner bed.

Hope it works out for you,
Dave
Last edited by Dave Rotelle on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Freedom Front Lounge.
Purchased November 2017.
jlef123

Post by jlef123 »

In addition to going directly to Hehr to purchase a new window you can also check out companies that will fix a fogged window rather than replace it. Here in Florida there is a company called Suncoast Designers Inc. who do that. I have several friends who have used them and have been very pleased with the work. Here is a URL for their website. https://suncoastdesigners.com/rv-services/defog/
I'm sure that you can find a similar company near you or you can send them the window, they will fix it and you can reinstall it yourself or have an RV Tech do it.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

jlef123 wrote:In addition to going directly to Hehr to purchase a new window you can also check out companies that will fix a fogged window rather than replace it. Here in Florida there is a company called Suncoast Designers Inc. who do that. I have several friends who have used them and have been very pleased with the work. Here is a URL for their website. https://suncoastdesigners.com/rv-services/defog/
I'm sure that you can find a similar company near you or you can send them the window, they will fix it and you can reinstall it yourself or have an RV Tech do it.
2nd this. Just about any glass & window shop can handle this. You won't need an RV tech if they do auto windows and, if you're a little handy, it's pretty easy to remove the entire window and frame yourself and take it to them to replace the pane. It'll likely save you some money.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”