Tappan convection microwave question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Lwest

Tappan convection microwave question

Post by Lwest »

I have a 2005 BF. When the microwave is in convection mode, do I have to set the metal baking rack on the turntable or can I remove the turntable and metal thing that rotates and set the metal baking rack legs directly on the floor of the convection oven?
randallrae

Re: Tappan convection microwave question

Post by randallrae »

We took a convection class at Lazy Days and they said to use the turntable .
2012 25' rb
Lwest

Post by Lwest »

The problem with placing the metal baking rack (the round rack with 3 legs) on the turntable, is that there is no way, at least that I know of, to turn off the turntable, so whatever I place on the metal baking rack is also rotating, and some pans won't rotate as they barely fit in the first place. I believe some of the microwaves have a button to turn off the turntable, mine unfortunately does not.
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

We bought pans that fit on the racks and still allowed it to rotate .
2012 25' rb
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I have a Panasonic in my coach. I remove the turntable and rollers when I use the convection oven.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

As long as the convection mode is using the heating unit and not microwave heating, it is safe to remove the turn table. However, you might find that it heats unevenly depending on the size and shape of your pans. By asking you to use the rotating platter, you are forced to use smaller pans that leave sufficient space all around the pan for maximum air flow minimizing hot spots. Don't be afraid to experiment. (That large glass platter is a pretty big heat sync. Your preheat times will vary some depending on whether it is in or out.)
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”