Born Free Quality

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dave Rotelle

Born Free Quality

Post by Dave Rotelle »

Several years ago when we owned our first Born Free (2004 24rb.) On our first trip I called Kim to tell him we only had warm water no hot. Kim explained how to adjust the valves at the hot water heater to prevent bleeding the hot and cold lines after winterization.

This evening we are staying in State College PA for the evening and noticed while washing dishes we had warm water and no hot. I opened the closet door on our 2013 freedom to access the vales on our hot water heater and was amazed at the attention paid to the smallest details by Born Free.
I enjoy working with wood so this may sound incidental but the 3/4" plywood stacked on top of a 2X6 the hot water heater is mounted on is cut to perfection. The two pieces of wood are cut to precisely the same length and width.....no less than would be on a high quality piece of furniture, sanded smooth to perfection.......... all tucked into a closet under the hot water heater for few to see.

It reminded me that it's the things we do that no one or few see that defines who we really are.

We certainly feel fortunate to own such a well built RV. :)

Dave
2013 Freedom Front Lounge.
Purchased November 2017.
stevek

Re: Born Free Quality

Post by stevek »

I agree Dave with the quality of workmanship on the BF. Our 2011 is our 1st RV ever. And was glad we bought a Born Free, knowing almost nothing about RVs. And thanks to everyone at this Forum, for helping us learn. :D

Born Free is rather rare here on the West Coast. And I see people walking or driving by, admiring our Born Free and its good looks and quality. We recently got back from a 5 week trip, all in CA. From campground to campground. And lots of driving. Never saw another Born Free.

Thank you Born Free and the original owners and all the employees. A job well done.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”