Skid Wheels on a 2016 Spirit 24RB

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

lasports

Skid Wheels on a 2016 Spirit 24RB

Post by lasports »

Greetings,
My wife and I recently purchased a 2016 Born Free Spirit RB. My question is did the Born Free Spirit come with factory installed skid wheels or was this an aftermarket add on by the purchaser? Thank you in advance for your replies.
shilohdad

Re: Skid Wheels on a 2016 Spirit 24RB

Post by shilohdad »

They are standard equipment. If you ever need new ones, there are several posts in this forum about where to buy them.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
lasports

Post by lasports »

Shilohdad--Thank you!
lasports

Post by lasports »

Further question on the BF skid wheels.
When crawling underneath the BF I noticed the swivel casters had the following engraved: Albion Made in US and the numeral 5. Does anyone know which model of Albion were these original skid wheels as well as their bore and hub length? These wheels are disintegrating from the inside out and must be replaced. Also the caster swivel of one wheel is not doing a full turn and the bearing housing is very visible (?) Lack of greasing by the previous owner or ???may have caused the problem. Thank you for any help provided.
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

You might try calling these guys, who are evidently the manufacturers:

https://albioncasters.com/
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”