Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club

This forum is for Born Free Owners and those interested in owning a Born Free.
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:57 am 

Hello,
Long time absent. Own a 2002 26 foot rear bed. The hinges keep failing for the over-head cupboards. I ordered online, but what arrived is a totally different hinge.

Does anyone know of a source for purchasing the same hinges used in the 2002 manufactured coaches?

Thank you, for any help.

Fourwinds (Jess & Bonnie Dixon, Bakersfield, CA)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:16 pm 

I have a 2005 and it has the HS-100 hinge available at NW RV Supply. I don't know if the 2002
used the same hinge but it's a good place to start looking.

http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/HS-100BSN.html

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:27 pm 

Thank you, Bob. I've written down the info you provided. I've never looked on the hinges themselves for any identifying number or word/name. I have replaced several when the Co. was still manufacturing and in business. Ordered by phone, which was handy. They mailed out 6 as I recall. But those are used up and now I need more.

I wish they would have been improved in manufacturing to keep closing and holding the doors closed, i.e., I wish they worked for many years....or better yet....never had to be replaced. :)

I thank you again,
Jess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:59 pm 

Jess and Bonnie, there have been other discussions on these hinges. From those posts I just ordered hinges for my 2004 26RSB from ebay. When they get here within a week I will see if they work. These are not brass like my current one but there were some brass ones that are more expensive. On ebay they are described as
"Hinge Spring Loaded Support Strut Metal RV Overhead Cabinet Monaco Fleetwood".

Other posts on the forum come up when you use the search term "cabinet hinge".
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 pm 

Hi Jess, I tried to reply to the private message you sent to my mail box and it didn't work. Anyway I got my hinges I told you about off of ebay and just installed in my Born Free. It was an exact match in size and with all the same holes needed. It doesn't come with mounting screws so I used the old brass ones I have from my broken hinge latch. As I mentioned On ebay they are described as
"Hinge Spring Loaded Support Strut Metal RV Overhead Cabinet Monaco Fleetwood". They are listed right now under eBay item number:331950726903. If you would prefer you can also buy them on Amazon on this link:
https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Support-O ... 978&sr=8-2

I tried to add an attachment of the couple of pics I just took. I hope this helps!

Attachments:
File comment: Hinge pics
Hinge Pics.pdf [177.17 KiB]
Downloaded 29 times

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:39 am 

I'm now unfamiliar with how to send private messages and replies, and I'm not even sure of your name now. But I thank you BIG TIME....I am SO relieved to hear the hinges you ordered are a perfect match. What a relief that is to me to hear this!

I'm a little puzzled over your purchasing from eBay over the convenience and rapid shipment of Amazon. Is it the price? I'm frankly, shocked that Amazon would have these.

Yesterday as I sat in our BF enjoying our infrequent few minutes of a shower, listening to the rain falling on the roof, - I was writing an email and wanted quiet - I looked up and was actually greatly surprised, and very disappointed to count six cupboard doors hanging open, loose. Now I'm actually questioning just how many hinges I should order......in order to have enough "back-up hinges" available?

Oh I thank you SO VERY VERY MUCH! But I would appreciate your comments on preferring eBay to Amazon. And thank you again SO VERY MUCH, for providing all the exact info for contacting these sources. I salute you, most sincerely. Today looks like a full day of appointments and Post Office runs, etc. But I hope I can place an order for hinges today...….or tomorrow!

Most sincerely, Jess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:12 am 

Hi Jess, my name is Sandy. I have been ordering off eBay for years, long before Amazon got so big. So I usually search there as well as Amazon. But how I ended up there this time was the other person on this forum that posted the link for these hinges was actually a link to eBay. So that is where I started. They are just slightly less expensive but I am sure Amazon will be fine.