Alumni member

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jim Hofmann

Alumni member

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Some 20 to 25 years ago, my first Born free had a directional signal that didn't CLICK loud enough to be heard over the the roar of the Ford diesel. Someone posted a solution to this which called for a trip to "Radio Shack", where I purchased at a very reasonable price, a small electronic gadget with simple instructions on installation and presto an audible directional signal. Today, I have a Honda CRV whose directional signal has lost most of its clicker sound. I have been to the Honda agency, where I bought this toad, and they tell me there is no such gadget in the market place.
Anyone know the name of the gadget I need and where I might purchase it?
Jim Hofmann
mike&linda

Re: Alumni member

Post by mike&linda »

I think this is the type of alarm you are looking for:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/rad ... gI_RvD_BwE

hope this helps Mike
1990 26' RSB Diesel
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Thanks Mike, that looks like it will work. Now, do you know where I install it? ( I know little about what goes on under the hood, but i can follow instructions)
Jim
Pete1122

Post by Pete1122 »

The previous owner of my Born Free installed this modification, he had these instructions in the BF owners manual. Hope it helps.

2006 Born Free RSB
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

I wish to thank both Mike and Pete for their responses. I now know where where to order my part and its part number. From the detailed submission of Pete, I could install this in a Ford truck. As I need to install this in a 2013 Honda CRV I need to know where to access the turn signal wires etc. Failing directions on this wiring challenge I guess I could purchase the gizmo, and find an auto mechanic familiar with the wiring of Hondas. That is the easy way out. Maybe its the coronavirus lock down, but I am looking for something to do.
Anyone willing to talk me through this?
Jim

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”