Sewer Solution?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rv4fun

Sewer Solution?

Post by rv4fun »

I just read about a product called "Sewer Solution". It looked interesting. It replaces the 3" dia sewer hose with a water powered pump/pulverizer, and discharges the sewage through a small 3/4" heavy duty hose. The system is supposed to empty the holding tank, flush the holding tank clean, then flush itself out clean, and be more sanitary and easier to use than the standard 3" hose setup. There were 8 user reviews of the system and every user rated it 5 stars (out of a possible 5 stars).

Needless to say it got captured my interest. Has anyone used this system or heard anything about it? Thanks.. Larry
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

Some similar systems include:

RV Sani-Con
http://www.emptythetanks.com/index.html
http://tinyurl.com/y47lda

FloJet
http://tinyurl.com/vfwmk
http://tinyurl.com/y9mxxo

SewerSolution
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus ... unum=16617
http://www.sewersolution.com/installation.htm

I have the FloJet which I purchased through Camping World, and it is very convenient. I added a stretchable hose from RV Sani-Con, and a few other accessories from their product list. My RV repairman installed the 12V battery connection for the FloJet switch, and I have found that the backflush works great with either gray or black holding tanks.

I never liked handling the flimsy septic hose, and find the FloJet eliminates the need for a dump station at home or on the road.

We also had a short thread on RV macerators in October 2006.
Brent

Post by Brent »

I have the sewer solution product you are considering.

From my standpoint I find it is more trouble then it's worth if the dump station is close to where I'm parked.

The one place it is really handy is you can utilize a dump location that is not close to your unit. It will move the effluent for many yards, so you can use a clean out valve that may not be close enough to use the regular hose.

Compared to the products that need motors, batteries, etc it is much easier to install and take down, but I don't know how their effectiveness compares. I know this goes without saying, but you need a "grey" hose to power it, so you don't accidently use your freshwater hose.

The sewer solution product does what it represents
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Brent wrote:... I find it is more trouble then it's worth if the dump station is close to where I'm parked...
Brent, could you please expand on this statement? Do you mean harder to setup and take down? How? Please explain. Thanks.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
rv4fun

Post by rv4fun »

Brent, Thanks for your reply. I'd also like to hear more about it being more trouble than using the 3" slinky type hose. Almost every time I empty my black tank, I put a wand with a spray head down the toilet to get the leftover stuff off the sensors. This involves attaching a gray hose to the wand, bringing it in through the rear door, inserting it down the toilet and blasting away. I was hoping the Sewer Solution might be able to do this since it has a gray hose attached to it and it can be used to flush the tank after it's emptied.

Does the Sewer Solution do a good job of cleaning off the sensors in your black tank?

Also does the Sewer Solution readily fit into the compartment in the rear bumper of your BF?

I'd sure appreciate any feedback you can give me. Thanks.. Larry
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

RV Hydro Flush features an Anti-Siphon Valve that prevents possible contamination of your fresh water system. Safely flush out your sewer hose and holding tank after dumping by sending a blast of fresh water into the waste tank to remove remaining debris. Clear ABS plastic helps you see when tank and hose are flushed clean. Anti-Siphon Valve installs onto your fresh water faucet. Camping World Part # 14496
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used this product on the last three units we have had, and always had excellent results for the money. Less than $20.00 and available at most RV stores.
Brent

Post by Brent »

For me hooking up the fitting on the outlet and being where I can get a water hose hook up to power the unit and getting out the water hose just seemed to be more time consuming then hooking up the slinky hose. However I don't use the wand to clean the tank each time. If I did the time might be more equal.

I do think the back flushing technique is reasonably effective, but sometimes it doesn't have enough pressure to clean the sensors. If I'm just pulling into a Flying J and want to empty the tanks, it is faster to use the standard hose.

Yes the Solution fitting would go in the bumper, the hose would not. Again it does have the advantage of allowing you to be 60-70' from the sewer when you need to empty the tanks. Probably further if you have a down slope at all in terrain.

It is a well made product and it may be what you are looking for to empty the tanks.

If you make the buy, let us know what you think after you've used it for awhile.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

When I first got my TT, I bot the Sewer Solution. Yes, it does do what the ad says and it does it well. However, what it doesn't tell you is that it uses A LOT of water, it does it VERY slowly and it takes A LOT of your tending to it. No it cannot rinse the black tank anywhere near as good as a wand or a flushing system installed.

The only advantage the SS has over other methods is its ability to pump slightly uphill, using the pressure of your rinsing water.

A much faster and better method would be to use to sticky slinky, and use a tank installed rinser.

IMHO, the SS is good, if you don't mind using a lot of water, time, effort and you need to pump uphill. Otherwise a wand or a tank rinser is FAR better.
Tim and Mia

Post by Tim and Mia »

One area where the Sewer Solution product does well for me is when I return home.
This product enables me to do a final dump and cleaning in my driveway. The cap for my septic tank is about 80 feet from the driveway and this product (with the help of 80 feet of PVC pipe) does a great job once I am home and cleaning up the RV. I'm not sure what else on the market would do as good of a job in this situation.
Hope this helps.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”