Anyone going to Quartzsite,Az rally?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ann P

Anyone going to Quartzsite,Az rally?

Post by Ann P »

Hello to any potential Snowbirds. I'm in Arizona now and planning to go to Quartzsite to see what the fuss is...a million folks in the desert, hopefully not at the same time. Born Free has a rally Jan. 19-22, and the various Escapees groups are meeting too, not to mention all the other guys.

There hasn't been any discussion of the BF rally so I thought I'd start one. There is Rally info on the main page, with some details and reg. info. Who's going? Surely all you Midwesterners aren't going to stay there all winter...are you waiting for football season to be over?

We'll see how the BF does boondocking-style in the wintertime desert.

P.S. For you Ohio State people: my Gators will win.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Hi Ann....I went to Quartzite last year but am not planning on going this year. For me, once was enough...It was really cold & windy when we met for the Rally last January...I'm not too excited about cold...have an aversion to low temps...But there is a lot to see at the various flea markets and good food at the food stands...I think a lot of people go year after year cause they enjoy the crowds and the markets. Pretty much everyone boondocks and you'll see thousands of people and RV's of all kinds. You'll have a good time & meet other BF club members and get ideas and answers...everyone in our group was most helpful and I really had a lot of questions that were answered...Really glad I went, but still not going this time. Anyhow, enjoy the experience & be prepared to have a good time....As far as boondocking with your BF....well you'll see for yourself but my BF was terrific...no problems of any kind...
CANDE

Quartzite, AZ

Post by CANDE »

Ed and I will be at the B/F Rally in Quartzite. Driving a 97 BF 24 RB with Mount Rushmore on side. (Wisconsin Plates). I agree the evenings will be on a cool side, but the daytime makes up for it. We have enjoyed the fellowship and fun in the past. We plan on arriving on or b/f 20 Jan. If you have registered - Vance Blair will send out directions. If not, look for the Born Free signs along the roadway once you get off Interstate 10. We will be coming from the East and plan on exiting I-10 at the first exit in Quartzite and making a left turn over I-10 and following signs.

See you there and have a safe trip.

Carol & Ed
Sheboygan,WI
Ed and Carol Freye
2016 Born Free 29' Splendor
Towing a 2014 Mini Cooper Coupe
bcope01

Re: Quartzite, AZ

Post by bcope01 »

CANDE wrote:We will be coming from the East and plan on exiting I-10 at the first exit in Quartzite and making a left turn over I-10 and following signs.
Any GPS coordinates for the campsite?
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
whemme

Quartzite!

Post by whemme »

You won't need any GPS coordinates to locate the site. Along the south side of I-10 as you approach the town of Quartzite, you will see at least 10,000 RV's out in the desert as far as you can see - some so far out there that you can barely see them.

It will be obvious when you arrive!
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi -- if the site is in the same place as it has been the last 2 years it is not that easy to see from I-10 -- when you get off at the Easterly off ramp go to the frontage road on the south side then head Easterly [ towards Phoenix]-- go past where there is an " end of road ' sign and follow the small Born Free signs to the site -- the signs are in the shape of an BF coach -- have fun and check out the rally in Paso Robles , California in April -- still some space left --
bcope01

Re: Quartzite!

Post by bcope01 »

whemme wrote:... you will see at least 10,000 RV's out in the desert as far as you can see - some so far out there that you can barely see them...
Bill Hemme, what you described kind of sounds like searching for a needle in the middle of a haystack. That is exactly why coordinates for the campsite would be nice. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
whemme

Quartzite GPS Coordinates

Post by whemme »

Bill,

I have to apologize. I should have read the various postings more throughly. I thought that what you wanted was just the general location of the masses that camp out at Quartzite. I agree, if you need to find the specific location where the Born Free rally is being held, then the exact location by GPS coordinates would certainly be helpful. Unfortunately, I don't know those coordinates - hopefully somebody that has been there will post them

Bill
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

Here is the link to a website that has lots of information about the annual rally, including driving directions. As Bill says, one of the Born Free owners should be able to provide a pinpoint location for the BF group.

http://www.rvforum.net/index.php?option ... &Itemid=63

According to the article on RV Forum, the GPS coordinates for the RV Forum campsite are:
N33d38m054s and W114d13m591s.
again, this is for the RV Forum campsite, not Born Free.
Last edited by KTnLen on Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bechlumber

Quartzsite GPS Coordinates

Post by bechlumber »

There is no guarantee that the location of the rally will be the same each year. The host does not know the location until they arrive and find a spot. The locations since the Quartzsite rally was first held have been close but the best way to find the rally is to follow the Born Free Signs. Follow the arrows on the signs. People have only gotten lost when they did not follow the arrows. A map showing the general area is provided by the hosts.
2002 24' Rear Bath 4x4 7.3 Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”