SPOTTING A BORN FREE

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mel Wilbur

SPOTTING A BORN FREE

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Looks like it is going to be harder to spot a Born Free coach on the road with the now available optional full body paint on all models. I understand there are two color options available utilizing brown, tan and blue. I do not feel the attached picture does justice to the finished product as it was taken at the factory while the coach was being prepared for delivery and does not give a good view of the side design. I would imagine there will soon be better pictures on the factory web site.
Attachments
Full body paint-1.jpg
Full body paint-1.jpg (79.64 KiB) Viewed 7700 times
Mel & Connie
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

WOW -- what a paint job -- we can still tell it is a Born Free by the shape
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

The two color schemes the factory is showing on the website are below. This is a good option, although the scheme of crossing stripes is a bit 'busy' for my taste.

I've seen some stunning paint jobs on Country Coach models where the base color is a taupe, and the striping is one highlighted color such as burgundy or black or navy blue.

Can slideouts and swivel cab seats be far behind? LOL
Attachments
BF 32-ft President with brown tones full-body paint.
BF 32-ft President with brown tones full-body paint.
20061122_081306.jpg (28.32 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
BF 32-ft President with blue accents full-body paint.
BF 32-ft President with blue accents full-body paint.
20061122_081127.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Slide outs would be great, as long as they wouldn't interfere with the integrity of the coach's high quality construction.

Unfortunately, you won't see swivel cab seats in a US made chassis used for a motorhome . . . unless regulations are changed. Some years ago, the US government, in it's infinite wisdom, decided that it was unsafe to have swivel cab seats. So, such seats were outlawed. It's another example of the government protecting us from ourselves, because we're too stupid to be trusted with our own welfare.

Now, the irony of this is that the cab swivel seat regulation doesn't apply to any foreign made chassis. So, the chassis for the Rialta, plus the Pleasureway and the Roadtrek, etc., have swivel cab seats.

Makes it seem like another dumb US government regulation to me.

Born Free owners can get an after-market swivel cab seat modification, but the installer probably will insist that a release be signed making the owner fully responsible for any injury caused by the swivel seats.
Barbara & Ken
John S.

Post by John S. »

Saw a couple painted units in PA and thought that the full paint was way too busy on the shorter units. I think you can get away with it on the 32 footer but the 22-26 foot just does not have enough area to make the swoops look right. Just my opinion. I will say that I saw a half paint job and loved it and think it is a great scheme if they will fair in the paint lines it would be perfect.
Dallas Baillio

Full Body Paint

Post by Dallas Baillio »

This sounds a bit dumb, but when we say full body paint do we mean that the white exterior is white paint over the white fiberglass finish? And is a motor home with full body paint easier to maintain than a plain fiberglass exterior, like the "old" Born Frees? If full body paint takes more effort to maintain, then I'll just stick with the plain fiberglass.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Ray'n Mary

New Paint Jobs

Post by Ray'n Mary »

Impressions that jump to mind: gaudy, garish and--as the in-saying goes--artsy-fartsy.
Brent

Post by Brent »

I think it will catch on, I will stick to the white for awhile myself.

What happened to the "humpback" on the 32'? does it have a basement underneath and this has raised the height of the body?
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”