Has Anyone Upgraded the Magnetic Screen Door Latch

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Hazel's-Keeper

Has Anyone Upgraded the Magnetic Screen Door Latch

Post by Hazel's-Keeper »

I have a 2000 BFT that has the magnet screen door latch. Magnet that holds the screen to the main door and a heavier magnet the holds the screen closed to the door frame. My question is, has anyone replaced the screen door catch magnet with a lever style latch. There is only about 3/8" between the two doors and dimension listings for latches are vague at best. I don't know if the Born Free door style was one of their own or just an older style that's not that supported anymore. Surely someone else has gotten tired of having to hit the door to get out.
pamster868

Re: Has Anyone Upgraded the Magnetic Screen Door Latch

Post by pamster868 »

Hi! We have a 2004 23' RK and recently replaced our screen door latch with a new one. We did not have a magnetic latch according to my husband. We got the latch from Amazon and I attached a screenshot for you. It wasn't an exact match, but it worked. We did have to drill new holes to mount it to the door in the proper position. Hope this helps! Good luck!

:D Pam
Attachments
IMG_3360(1).jpg
IMG_3360(1).jpg (49.88 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Hazel's-Keeper

Re: Has Anyone Upgraded the Magnetic Screen Door Latch

Post by Hazel's-Keeper »

This style is what I ended up using. I just removed the magnet from the screen door by drilling out the rivet. I did have to sand the latch for a little extra clearance to get the door to pen and close without interference.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”