Microwave & AC not working

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

pamster868

Microwave & AC not working

Post by pamster868 »

2002 23'RK

Our AC and microwave are not working with the generator running. They both do not seem to be getting any power. No lights on the microwave, no fan or cooling coming on. We replaced the breaker and tested the wires with a multi-meter and both poles are receiving power. We tested all the fuses in the panel and all indicate good. We haven't tested shore power since we're on the road. Anyone have thoughts on what's might be wrong? Thanks!! Pam & Jason 🙂
Pam & Jason Krinsky
Frisco, TX
2002 23' RK
perleys

Re: Microwave & AC not working

Post by perleys »

First you probably need to confirm the brand and model of your generator. But a question worth asking is there is a main switch on the generator itself. In my Guardian Generator the switch is to the right of the prime switch. Sometimes when they service the generator they turn that switch off. So confirm that it is in the on position or it will stop 30 am power getting inside your unit.
pamster868

Post by pamster868 »

Thank you for the tip! :D

We have an Onan 4000 generator and the circuit breaker was popped on the right side (see pic).

We didn't think of that because we were still getting power to everything else (lights, outlets). Not sure how that works... maybe they were running on the house batteries??

Anyway, micowave and AC are working now!!
20230709_201011.jpg
20230709_201011.jpg (111.35 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Pam & Jason Krinsky
Frisco, TX
2002 23' RK
perleys

Post by perleys »

Yea I am glad the suggestion worked! Of course I know that from past experience Ha Ha!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”