Furnace Outlet/vent

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Furnace Outlet/vent

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I posted this a few days ago & have had no response...anyone out there who has an answer to this???? (I have the RSB model)

One thing I did notice that I hadn't before this was that the vent at the floor area on the side by the rear sink & closet area where the converter is installed, did not have any air (or heat) coming out of it when I ran the furnace. Is this normal? Or do I have something disconnected somewhere?Anyone else notice this?. :?

Comments appreciated....
Tonyg

Post by Tonyg »

Not sure but may just be a vent to help keep the converter from overheating.

Tony
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

I have the same thing in my 2005 26RSB. No idea why, but it had not beothered me enough to check around. There is plenty of heat to go around, without that vent blowing. Still, it wouold be intersting to find out, though.
Ann P

Furnace Outlet/vent

Post by Ann P »

When I slept in my used BF RSB the first night, which happened to be wintertime last year, and noticed that there wasn't heat coming from that particular vent.... I asked the RV service guys ( I was in the dealer's lot that 1st night), and they said it was for the converter, not the furnace. Looking at the other reponses, you can see that nothing is wrong, that's just the set-up.

By the way, it is darned cold here in Quartzsite, just like you said last year was. I went by the BF rally, and they were huddled by the campfire. It snowed a bit in the Phoenix area today, so this has been a strange winter.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Thanks Ann & Tony...Really glad that I don't have to track down a possible missing 'connection'...The longer I have my BF, the more I love it & respect the company & employees who build/sell them. It's even more amazing, that I didn't have the foggiest idea what I was doing when I bought it gently used. Never owned a class C, never drove any kind of RV set up and didn't know the first thing about brands. When I think about what I could have ended up spending my money on had I not bought this one, it scares me....
Anyhow, have a friend that went to Quartszite who called & said that the weather was pretty bad there. Rain, winds and super cold. As I had gone there last year (for the first time), I didn't feel the need to go again & now I'm glad I didn't. It's a pretty long trip for me & having been in the L.A. area over the holidays & not able to get home due to the weather conditions (wind, cold, dangerous road conditions)..I really didn't want to face that again. It's certainly something to see however....
Well, thanks again about the heat vent...Never let it be said that questions go unanswered on this website...I've learned so much from so many of you....all I can say is Thank you....Thank you...Thank you!!!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Not sure about the furnace set up on other BF rigs but my 32 footer has one furnace vent that does not have a foil air hose connected to it. The furnace has a series of lines that feed the floor vents. The one to the bath area is the one with no hose. I thought it was sort of strange so I traced the lines and there is no hose to connect to this vent. I wonder why a "Y" connector was not used to the bedroom line to also feed the bathroom. Maybe that will be an upgrade later when I have nothing else to do.
Dallas Baillio

Furnace Outlet / Vent

Post by Dallas Baillio »

We have a 26 RSB and I too wondered why this vent was there. I did take it off to see, and since I found only an open area behind it, I added Velcro strips to mount it and use is as a "safe" for things I don't like to leave lying around when away from the motor home. Examples, passports, list of credit card numbers in case I lose the cards, etc.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

We use the area for hiding things Put in fake duct and no one is the wiser.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”