towing systems recommendation

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rosannemarie2001

towing systems recommendation

Post by rosannemarie2001 »

We are going to start towing our 2003 Saturn L200. I've researched about hardware etc. installed at Saturn, our local RV service center and Camping World. Before making any decisions, I'd appreciate hearing recommendations from those who are already towing behind their BF (especially if a Saturn). Additionally, should a braking system probably be done as well. We have the 24ft RB.

Thanks in advance,

Rmp2001
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Rosanne,

Although we are currently towing a Honda CRV we have in the past had a Saturn and it tows just fine. As for tow bars and auxillary brakes I would suggest you click on the search heading at the top of this page and type in towing and auxillary braking to read earlier posts on the subject which may answer most of your questions.
Mel & Connie
rosannemarie2001

Post by rosannemarie2001 »

Thank you Mel and Connie. Duh... I didn't think to try the 'search' button first. Very helpful!
Don Pederson

Re: towing systems recommendation

Post by Don Pederson »

rosannemarie2001 wrote:We are going to start towing our 2003 Saturn L200. I've researched about hardware etc. installed at Saturn, our local RV service center and Camping World. Before making any decisions, I'd appreciate hearing recommendations from those who are already towing behind their BF (especially if a Saturn). Additionally, should a braking system probably be done as well. We have the 24ft RB.

Thanks in advance,

Rmp2001
We town a 2004 Saturn wagon 300 with a V6 engine using a Roadmaster tow bar on the coach; super easy, fast, and reliable. We also have had an M & G braking system installed (kind of expensive, but worth it for us. Our BF is a 26 foot RSB.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”