We are "luvin" our 2007 BFT!

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bogiesmom

We are "luvin" our 2007 BFT!

Post by Bogiesmom »

We made the five hour trip to Humboldt to pick up our BFT on Monday the 7th, and we were delighted with our finished BFT and the warm welcome from all the wonderful staff at Born Free.

A special "Thank you" to Kim Olsen, who was so patient with our questions on the walk through, and for his thoroughness in catching a few minor items that needed attention and were promptly addressed and fixed.

Also a special "Thank you" to Ed Newman, who walked us through the ordering process, made suggestions, answered questions, and put up with our changes, and endless e-mails while we waited for the factory to work it's magic.

Also a special "Thank you" to all of the great people here on the forum that have given us great advice, patiently answered our questions and e-mails, and guided us through the process of obtaining a wonderful RV for our future travels and camping.

After our walk through we took a two day shake down camping trip at Kennedy Park, a very nice area and campground between Humboldt and Ft. Dodge, to be sure we knew how to work everything and that everything was OK with the BFT. The back door did stick a bit at the top and and the screen door didn't fit snugly at the top. So on our return trip home we stopped back at the factory, and the door was quickly adjusted and the screen door replaced, and we were on our way in little over an hour. We are certainly impressed with the service at the factory.

My husband is delighted with how well it drives on the interstate in the windy conditions of South Dakota, and I'm waiting for my turn at the wheel, if I can pry him out of the driver's seat. We have been busy this week "moving in", and we are finding ample room for all of our "stuff" we carried in our 25 foot Class C. Our storage concerns with the smaller unit have been put to rest, and we are looking forward to out first real trip to Pactola Lake in the Black Hills for a week on the 23rd.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you on the road or in a campground sometime soon.
Attachments
Guy and Bogie watching new campers arriving at Kennedy Park.
Guy and Bogie watching new campers arriving at Kennedy Park.
400 pix dad bogie tableIMG_0339 (2).jpg (127.35 KiB) Viewed 14592 times
Connie, Bogie the Basset, and the BFT at Kennedy Park.
Connie, Bogie the Basset, and the BFT at Kennedy Park.
400 pix BFT connie bogieIMG_0337 (2).jpg (139.9 KiB) Viewed 14627 times
Last edited by Bogiesmom on Tue May 15, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

congratulations on your new BF - I know you will enjoy your travels in it -- we are ready to leave for our 4th trip to Alaska in our BF -- all but the first have been in a BF - say HI if you come to California -- Bob Newby
Mel Wilbur

"luvin" our 2007 Born Free

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Welcome to the club. We look forward to meeting up with the three of you at one of our rallies or caravans.. I understand there may be some spots available at most all the upcoming ones. Best of luck with the new addition to your family.
Mel & Connie
John S.

Post by John S. »

COngrats on the new BFT you will love it.
Bogiesmom

Post by Bogiesmom »

Hi Sam!
We are really enjoying the BFT. Over Memorial Day we dry camped for seven days at Pactola Lake in the Black Hills of SD. Everything worked great, used all the systems from the furnace with propane on the chilly 30 degree nights, to the AC run with the generator when it warmed up to the 80's on Memorial Day. We had one heck of a blowing rain storm one evening, and we stayed comfy and dry.

I managed to conquer the microwave/convection oven, and we had delicious biscuits for breakfast. The lounge/twin beds were very comfortable for sleeping, and work great as a dinette/couch. We were amazed at how quiet they operate when going up and down.

You mentioned the table. We saw one like this in a Class B RV at the Minneapolis RV show, took pictures, and showed the pictures to Ed Newman when we ordered the BFT. He said we can fix you up one in the shop, and we are really enjoying it. Large enough to seat four for meals, we leave it up for tavel, and it's our beside table at night.

The BFT is a great RV, no problems, excellent fit and finish, and we are looking forward to many more trips in it.
Connie
Roadtech

Post by Roadtech »

I am also very interested in your table. We have a 2006 BFT with the tripod legged table that you drag out of a storage and put together each time it's used. We can store it behind the driver's seat when we are camping but it has to be stored when traveling because there is not room when the driver's seat is all the way back. Is there room to walk around it when the drop leaves are down? How does it mount to the floor?
Bogiesmom

Post by Bogiesmom »

Sam: The black curtain you see in the windshield is the "Easy Curtain". The windshield portion has pockets that slide over the sun visors to hold it in place, and then you tuck the curtain around the windshield. There is a slit for the rear view mirror to fit through, and then you velcro the slit shut. The driver and passenger windows have their own separate pieces with a flap that fits over the window glass to hold it in place. You just lower the window a couple of inches, place the flap over the edge of the window, raise the window. Then velcro to the windshield portion. Very quick and easy to use, made of lightweight black nylon, and fold up for storage. Their web site is: www.easycurtain.net

We took down the curtain and track that Born Free had installed.

On the table: It has two metal legs that have a quick disconnect that is screwed to the floor. You can walk beside the table with the sides folded down. Not spacious, but doable in the BFT. Here are a couple of pictures that might help.
Attachments
Table legs with quick disconnet holders screwed to the floor.
Table legs with quick disconnet holders screwed to the floor.
400 pics table legs IMG_0328 (2).jpg (152 KiB) Viewed 14133 times
Table with sides up. Four people could easily eat at the table.
Table with sides up. Four people could easily eat at the table.
400 pics table openIMG_0360.jpg (164.78 KiB) Viewed 14133 times
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Guy/Connie:

Any chance we can get a picture of the floor area under the table when the table is removed? Is the floor area flat when the table is removed or do the "quick disconnects" stick up? Also, do the legs separate easily from the table top to make storage of the parts easier, if desired?

Thanks, Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Bogiesmom

Post by Bogiesmom »

Sorry, Bill we don't have a separate picture of the floor without the drop leaf table. We have not removed the table and don't really plan too. Our intent with this table was to have one we could leave in place while traveling, be able to walk by it with relative ease, have room for table dining with leaves up, and not have to worry about storage.
Guy can have one side up and work on the lap top, and you can still walk around with the other leaf in the down position. At night we have both sides (leaves) down, and use it as a bedside table for glasses, drinks, etc. Same for evening TV watching or reading.
When the table is removed all that will be left are the two silver metal plates that are screwed through the carpet and to the floor under the carpet that the legs lock into. The plate is sunken into the carpet so it will be a flat area, with nothing to trip on. The black portion you see in the picture at the leg bottom goes with the leg (sort of a locking stabilizer for the leg) and the legs disconnect from the top. In the BFT to store the table you would have to go through the outside storage door to store in the under lounge/twin bed compartments or leave it at home.
We are pleased with it so far.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Connie:

Thanks, with your excellent description, a picture isn't necessary anyway.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Bill, years ago I installed a similiar table in a coach. With the table removed you should be able to make a wooden plug with a piece of carpeting attached to the top that would be inserted into the section in the floor and make it flush with the original carpet.
Mel & Connie
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

I have an older 1990 coach a 26' RSB, it has three pockets in the floor by the seating area. There are three plugs with carpet on them, they blend into the carpet so well that I only noticed them after I had been under the coach to check the exhaust hangers and noticed them on the bottom of the floor. I have a old table with the generic round leg and it fits into these holes once the plug is removed. I do not know if the newer BF's have these mounts, take a look you might be suprized! Mike :o
1990 26' RSB Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”