Great American Backyard Campout

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dude

Great American Backyard Campout

Post by Dude »

I forgot to post this last week. The Great American Backyard Campout was this past weekend. Who took some kids camping this past weekend? Either at a campground or in their backyard? What was your/their experience?

My 12yo Niece and 9yo Nephew came over to jump in the pool and I have been wanting to get them to sleep under the stars thinking they would love it. It has been 6 years since I last did it and it had been probably a good 10 years before that since I had done it. I love drifting off to sleep while looking at the campfire or looking at the stars. Somehow you talk quieter with the people you are with as you lay there since it is such a peaceful moment.

I caught my Nephew with his hands behind his head after he laid down just staring up. In the morning my Nephew and I quietly got up and got the fire going again. My Niece woke up and I could tell she was just hanging out listening to the birds sing and the fire crackle and watch the trees blowing in the breeze and the occasional squirrel running in the branches. I just smiled to myself because that was the experience I wanted to give them. Not many kids can say they have slept out in the open with no tent, only a sleeping bag.

My son.....he's 4 1/2, he just likes camping and being with his cousins. When we woke up I looked at his face and he had 3 big bug bites on his face. I said uh Ohh. DW is going to think he got eaten alive and kill me. So I told her I think he got a few bites last night. She said no, they were from earlier in the night. She had noticed them when she was getting him ready for bed. YESSSS.....I wasn't in trouble :dance:

Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”