Info needed about a 21' Bed and Breakfast and a 22' BF

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bettylou

Info needed about a 21' Bed and Breakfast and a 22' BF

Post by bettylou »

We are in the market for a class B or C and just started thinking of the BF. We came across a 2003 21' BF Bed and Breakfast model, online, and had never seen that model before, not that I've seen too many of the built for two models.either. If anyone has one, could you please give me your opinion on the quality, mpg etc.?
Thank you in advance.
bettylou
John S.

BFT

Post by John S. »

We have a 22 foot BFT and love it. I have put on 3000 miles so far this year and we have had zxero problems other than squeak in the rear door.
Dave&JanPotter

Re: BFT

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

John S. wrote:We have a 22 foot BFT and love it. I have put on 3000 miles so far this year and we have had zxero problems other than squeak in the rear door.
That squeak is pretty common. Try a few wraps of electrical tape around the door lock post.
Ray'n Mary

BFT

Post by Ray'n Mary »

We're 6-month owners of a 2006 BFT and love it. Have put 11,000+ enjoyable miles on it already, which speak for themselves.

We've only two reservations. One is the table. The supplied tripod-mounted table is pretty unstable. We use , instead, a fold-up table bought at Camping World.
The second reservation is/was the Ford's steering "slop," which we're told is common to its Ford E-350 chassis. But we've totally solved that by heeding LL Forum advice, installing "anti-sway" devices (at Camping World--see other forum post). Tech names for those items are "Swaybar Ford E350 R" and "Safe-T-Plus P30 Chevy." Now (ugggh) , after spending about $1,000 for that, the coach is nearly as stable and as comfortable to drive as our Volvo sedan. Seems to us that BF should already have included those mods, since they have such high rep for quality. Or, more appropriately, Ford should be embarrassed to put such sloppy chassis on the market!
George Boley

Post by George Boley »

Bettylou,
We have a 1999 22' built for two with 100,000 trouble free miles on it. It is our second BF but won't be our last. We will go back to a 24' rear bath next time which I think is the perfect coach.
On the bed & Breakfast, that model is a special purpose coach and while it reflects the same BF quality as the bigger coaches I think you would be happier with a larger unit which among other things has a lot more holding and water tank capacity. George B
George Boley
Knowledge will never be lost, provided it is shared

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”